Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Wake up call

I was having a bad day yesterday, feeling sorry for myself, and not wanting to do much of anything. I have these days every so often and I know if I can ride it out, it will only last a day or two.

Well, this morning when I woke up and poured myself a cup of coffee, I turned on the news. On my screen were the cheers, tears, and hugs as the tenth miner was lifted to safety in Chile. To those miners and their families, I'm sure nothing else in the world matters right now other than their safe return. They have endured so much these last two months and I can only imagine what it must feel like to be lifted to safety and see the sun (or moon) for the first time in two months when it must have crossed their minds they may never see it again. I'm sure they're not thinking about the house that needs to be cleaned, the bills on the counter, their jeans that are too tight, or the fact that they are feeling uninspired.

I decided right at that moment that today is going to be a good day. Every once in a while, you have to force yourself to reset and put things back in perspective. Today, I am feeling inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment