Friday, October 22, 2010

Friday Politics

It's been a busy day for me today, and my computer battery is about to die since I let Zoe watch two shows on my laptop this morning. Our TV is broken, but she needed her morning fix of Dora and Diego.

Have I mentioned that I'm having a MUCH harder time having a broken TV than I am a broken dishwasher? Have I ever even mentioned the broken dishwasher before? No, because I really don't mind washing dishes. But take away my Project Runway and you see a whole new side of me emerge.

Anyway, I have two links/thoughts I wanted to share with you, so enjoy.

  • First, I have to say bravo to Maureen Dowd. Her op-ed piece in the New York Times this week was brilliant, and was a scathing reminder that maybe, just maybe, it's NOT cool to be ignorant, and maybe our politicians SHOULD be held to a higher intellectual standard than the average Joe. I like my President with a side of smarts, thank you very much.
  • Which leads me to...President Obama has come out with his own PSA in support of the It Gets Better campaign to combat bullying. Watching it made me tear up a bit, I'll admit - he's candid and friendly, someone with whom I can see myself enjoying a conversation. But his support of the issue at hand is touching, and it's great to see such support coming from the leader of this country. Thank you, Mr. President.

No comments:

Post a Comment