Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy thoughts

I was a bit of a Debbie-Downer last week, all caught up in causes without offering solutions. And Zoe's been sick, and Charles has been sick, and now I'm sick...so I could continue down the road of negativity.

But fear not! I decided this morning that I would post only happy things tonight - sort of like Peter Pan, maybe if I think lovely thoughts, I can fly?

Or at least I can make you smile.

  1. Family Guy made Charles snort three times this week and featured a slowed-down reprise of "Surfin' Bird," which is my all-time favorite Family Guy song. Fabulous.
  2. 30 Rock had some choice comments about Wilco and The New Yorker, so I think the writers pretty much took a shot at my husband. Much as I love both Wilco and The New Yorker (and my husband...), it made me laugh. Hard.
  3. The other night, when I was putting Zoe down for bed, I asked if she wanted her music on or off. Her response? "On, because I had a long day."
  4. This video of a woman using makeup to turn herself into Jared Leto is so stinkin' cool - you will love it!
  5. I made Zoe's cow costume for Halloween on Friday - she loved it!
  6. We're going to see Phish on Friday night! We're going to see David Sedaris and Grace Potter next week!
  7. The Giants are kicking ass all of a sudden, and I might almost possibly win my first fantasy football match of the season! Hooray!
Seven seems like an auspicious number for an auspicious post. Have a good week, ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment