Monday, October 4, 2010

Fall is all around us

Oh October, October, you will be a busy month but I am excited you are here. The weather is beautiful, the pumpkins are out, and life feels good right now.

The next three weekends are going to be a whirlwind of activities for us. We have something going on every day of every weekend, and a bunch of stuff in between. First up, we have the wedding of an old high school friend which I anticipate will be like the high school reunion I never attended. Next up, my husband is traveling to New York for his nephew's christening and I'll be traveling to see my parents for a long weekend. And following that trip, I will be heading to Myrtle Beach for the South Carolina Writer's Workshop conference.

And in between it all, we plan to find time to go to Boone Hall plantation for a hayride and a walk through the pumpkin patch, take the ferry over to Fort Fisher aquarium, attend a fall BBQ, and last but not least, find the perfect Halloween costumes.

Fall really is my favorite time of the year. And so, I am sharing my list of favorite fall things...

Crisp, cool air - which makes for good hair days
Open windows
Fall sweaters
Scarves!!!!
Fires outback in the fire pit - teaching Max to make s'mores
Pumpkins and gourds
Anticipation over the holiday season
And last but not least - snuggling under a blanket with the ones I love the most

Happy Fall everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment