Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Random thoughts Tuesday

Whew - my brain is kind of all over the place. I'm sick (sinus infection - ugh), and work's been CRAZY busy (see what I meant about the end of a release cycle?), so I'm just exhausted.

But it's been a few days since I last wrote, so I thought I'd just provide some updates on life. I'm stealing Marissa's idea of Random Thought nights, so here goes.

  • Book update: I think the last time I wrote about my book, I was maybe halfway through writing the first draft. I had no title, little confidence that I could ever finish, and I thought I was running out of ideas. But have no fear! I finished my rough draft before Christmas and have been hard at work editing ever since. I found a title, a voice for my narrator, and I've been able to sort through a lot of the garbage to pick out some good stuff. I'm super-excited about it, and hope to hand it off to some close friends/family for an initial read by early next month.
  • Zoe update: She's finally healthy(ish)! Yay! She still has a cough but she's lost that walking zombie look that she had for over a week, and I swear....now that she's better, she's been EXTRA cute!! Today she borrowed another doll from her Nana, and promptly named it "Blue's Clues." Yeah - it's a girl doll, and her outfit is pink. But whatever. It's cute, dammit!
  • Me update: I decided it was high time (in fact, it's long overdue) for me to go visit my brother, Daniel, and his husband, Zeke, in London, where they've been living for over two years. Since tickets are extremely pricey, I am going All By Myself next month, for Presidents' Day weekend. Holy cow, I'm so excited and so terrified that any time I think about it, I kind of, sort of want to throw up!! Holy cow! Five days without Charles and Zoe? Will I survive? I'll have to do some on-the-road blogging when I'm there.
  • Politics update: I really, really, really want to stay awake tonight for the State of the Union Address. I am SO hoping President Obama knocks it out of the park!!! I also hope people are just nice to each other. So we'll see how that goes.
OK, I think that's enough for now. Hopefully I'll get some antibiotics when I go to the doctor tomorrow and then I'll be able to get my head together to write something more meaningful later in the week. In the meantime, I hope you're having a happy day. xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment