Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Bunnies and shit

I'm sorry, I cannot write what I want to write because I just can't spit it out! But I want to write something. Because I need to write something.

And no matter how hard I try, I cannot make sense of the world right now. Politics is vicious, right? The left hates the right; the right hates the left; and no matter what is said nor how it's said, the left will pick apart the right and the right will claim persecution.

Ridiculous.

So I am going to write about bunnies or something else fun.

Bunnies are cute, right?

You know what's not cute? Blood libel - that's a pretty crappy term for a national figure to use, right? Especially in the guise of calling for a toned-down discourse, after using some very great words spoken by a very great President (Ronald Reagan - I may be blue, but he was my first known President, so I will always love him...and Bonzo). If you don't know what blood libel means, read this. It's pretty heinous, right? Let me be the first to promise that I've never used the blood of any of my Christian friends to make matzoh...possibly because I hate that chalky stuff...but more likely because it's a vicious myth.

So to invoke it, whether knowingly or ignorantly, is pretty much the exact opposite of toning down the rhetoric, in my humble opinion.

But wait...that was not about bunnies. That was content. Oh well.

Bunnies are cute, right?

Shit.

I'll end with this (more content coming: beware!!). I thought President Obama's remarks at the Tuscon memorial tonight were incredible, and if you find fault with them, I challenge you to take a deep breath and follow his wishes. Let's honor those who have fallen by just...being nicer to each other, ok? Let's be nice. Because being nicer is...nice.

Bunnies. I love 'em.

Good night.

2 comments:

  1. Bunnies? Viciousness? You're talking about this, right? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apDGPl2SfpA

    I'm sorry I don't have anything more meaningful to say at this late hour. Good night, Leahbean =)

    ReplyDelete