Monday, December 6, 2010

And we have a winner!

I am one of those people that love sweepstakes, lottery tickets, and raffles, but in all my thirty years, I have never won anything. My husband and I often joke that we must be lucky in some department because we sure aren't lucky in the contest/sweepstakes department. Well, that is except for right now.

Do you remember that scene from A Christmas Story when the father wins a sweepstakes and his package is delivered in a box with "Fragile" stamped on the side? We are about to recreate that scene in our house this week.

I have won a fleece pork chop. That's right, a fleece pork chop. Nope, you can't eat it because it's a toy, or according to the website, it could also serve as a pillow.

I'm almost certain this pork chop, which I have already named Porky, will become Max's favorite stuffed toy. My guess is that he will carry it around with him everywhere he goes and I'll have to explain to bystanders that no, it's not a dog's toy (although it could be, I suppose), it's just my son's favorite piece of toy meat.

Perhaps I'll frame and hang it next to the front door to remind us that we should never give up hope that we will (and can) win something.

No comments:

Post a Comment